Happy Birthday, America! Now that the holiday weekend is winding down to an end sadly it's time to prepare for the return of a normal Monday. I'm sure we can all say we've eaten our fair share of unhealthy treats the past couple days (popsicles, piña coladas, ice cream, …did I say piña coladas??) So to get back to eating healthier and to help get my system back on track I love to restart with a simple "nice cream' bowl. If you're wanting an easy, simple recipe that's not only healthy but delicious (and will give you that boost of energy you need to still clean up the back patio) then check out my recipe below!
RED WHITE X BLUEBERRY NICE CREAM (serves 1)
What you will need:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mixed raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- 8 oz. almond mylk
- approx. 1/2 cup ice
- chia seeds
- shredded coconut
- goji berries
- Tip: Before freezing pre-dice all fruit and seal in freezer bag. This makes blending easier and you'll be prepared to make 'nice cream' when ever you desire some!
- In blender add together all frozen fruit, almond mylk, and ice. Blend until you have a nice ice cream-like texture! You may add more ice/almond mylk until you reach the texture you prefer!
- Top your bowl with chia seeds, shredded coconut, goji berries, and other fresh fruit/toppings you enjoy! Dark cacao nibs are also a favorite topping of mine...
All Photography by Lara Coleman